Voting

Monday, July 7, 2008

Well, Maybe Not

The other day I was buying a house, today I am not. I opted out of the contract before the ten day active option was up. I really was totally not at peace about this house after the inspection. I did have my realtor send a repair request to the sellers. The only thing she said she had heard from the other realtor is that she was kinda overwhelmed by the number of repairs we requested. We did even ask for everything to be fixed. We did ask for them to fix the chimney, repair the stove, microwave, and dishwasher, have electrician come out and make sure everything was up to code, BUT there was still lots of things we did not ask for. It was truly an overwhelming list. I had my dad look at it and he supported me still buying the house if I wanted, but I could tell that he was concerned. He did say he and my mom would help out with things if need be. That did not matter though because, because I had just been a nervous wreck about it since the inspection Wed. I spent a ton of time praying and asking for peace about it. It never came until I wrote the email to my realtor explaining my situation. (Honestly, I do feel bad because she has given me a lot of her time and really do not want to let her down.) After I wrote it and hit send, I felt like the weight lifted off my shoulders. I not at all concerned about the amount of money I spent on the inspection, or the $50 I will lose for canceling the contract.
I am not sure what my next plan is. I may check with my apartments for a month to month option, or a six month lease. I am confident in the decision I have made to cancel this and wait and see what there may or may not be. I'm totally trusting the decisions I have made, and believing that God is real and gives ultimate discernment in situation when he is sought after. So thankful that He cares even for the least of these, me.

No comments: