Voting

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Hunter of a Gatherer

I am not a lover of shopping and definitely have not ever considered myself a hunter when I shop. If I go to the mall or a shopping center, I go with a purpose... I need new jeans, shoes, makeup, whatever and I am going to find that one thing and get it and leave. BUT the other day I started as a hunter and became a gatherer in one store. I went with the purpose to find a Baby Gap and find some really cute jeans for my soon to arrive niece. Well, my trusty friend Michelle knew that there was a Baby Gap Outlet at the Allen Outlet Mall and she was more than willing to take me there. We went there and I was thrilled when I saw a Gap Outlet also close by. You see, I have not always been a Gap fan. I have always thought it was too expensive. Then at Christmas time, I was given a 40% off your entire purchase coupon and I decided to use it and got some new pants for work and a new pair of jeans. I feel quickly in love with the clothes I got especially the jeans. I have never gotten so many compliments on a pair of jeans ever and the main thing is the quality is outstanding. I guess I have no reason to complain about my $8 Walmart shirt coming apart quickly or my $20 Old Navy hem coming out. I decided quickly after getting my pants in December that quality is worth spending a little more. ALL THAT TO SAY.... We started off first at The Gap and they had great pants and shirts that were on sale off the already outlet price. I walked through the store picked up a couple of things at the very front and decided I needed a trusty mesh bag. Michelle decided to hold my bag for me and I officially became a gatherer. I gathered 7 work pants, 1 pair of jeans, 7 new shirts, and two lip glosses!!! I just kept adding to the bag. Never have I gotten so much on a whim, but I knew that in a few weeks I would need some back to school clothes. The total of all the new clothes was $160.00 OH by the way I never try clothes on and everything fit perfectly when I got home!!! My mind is NOT ready for school to start but I think my wardrobe is. THANKS FOR THE FUN DAY OF SHOPPING MICHELLE!!!

AND BY THE WAY: The thing I was hunting for was accomplished as well at the Baby Gap!!!!

1 comment:

The Sawyers said...

You look beautiful Laura. New clothes is always fun!