Voting

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

PREAPPROVED!!!!

So I have talked about wanting to buy a house for a couple of years and really saw it as something impossible. I guess I really always thought that it was something I would do when I got married. Since that seem less and less realistic with every year that passes, I decided not wait on such things, but to go for it on my own. I am just tired of waiting to do the things I always thought I would do. I have a good friend of mine who has been encouraging all this time I have been talking about it. When I doubt this idea is even close to being a good one, she reassures me that yes I can do this. Since we have talked about it for so long, and she has confronted me about being an avoidance person, last week I finely decided to go an see a broker. Since I knew the broker from years ago when I babysat for her, I felt very comfortable. I could not believe what an EASY process it was. Just give her a little info and BAM preapproval, quick and easy. Last night mom was in town and she went with me to actually look at houses. Boy did that make it seem real. I feel like I am becoming a grown up, independent, women all at once. I am still not completely clear on the process and how it totally works, but I will learn! My lease is up July 31 so I am hopeful that I will be in my own house by then. I will let everyone in on my journey as it continues.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am going to need you to go ahead and find a house soon! You never know when we'll get our next round of refugees. Love the site:)