Voting

Monday, May 19, 2008

$1,078

SERIOUSLY!!!! $1,078!!!! Car repair!!!! Stimulus check (and much more) here and gone in less than 3 days!!!

Last week I did something I very rarely do and missed school for absolutely no reason. (It was really kinda just to be spiteful but I am not going to fully explain that here) My very pregnant friend Kara had been on very restrictive bed rest for a little over a week and was given freedom to move about in fairly normal activity, just could not return to work, so I went to her house and we went to lunch. She commented on how loud my car was running and I blew her off saying that it is just kinda a loud car. I was not able to forget what she said and kept noticing that it was loud, but kept being hopeful that it would be nothing. (Yet another example of me being an avoidance person.) Mom and dad though were in town for the weekend and of course I decided I had to ask him to listen to the noise. He did and said I needed to get it into the shop the next morning at the latest and it sounded like it could be a transmission issue. SOUNDED EXPENSIVE and SCARY! So I left it at the local car dealership and waited and waited for the dreaded phone call. They finally called and she starts will good news it is not the transmission, but is something like a hub, not sure what it is, but she made it sound very important for my safety. (Something like it is what connects the wheel and the axle and if it totally breaks my tire could come flying off when I am driving down the highway.) She quoted me a repair of $598. I'm thinking perfect amount, the total stimulus check, awesome, money I did not expect anyways. Then the nice lady continue you also need this and that repair and your total will be $1,078 even. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! NO WAY!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!
OK so let's think about this find the positives..... The car is in its 7th year of life, it does have about 120,000 miles and I have had very little work done, I have not made a payment on it is two years, it has been a good car and I hope it will remain a good vehicle for at least a year to come! So there goes my stimulus check times two. If anyone is willing to send me theirs as well, you would bless my socks off and I will be very thankful:) I am thankful to have the car and the resources to take care of the car repairs. Hope everyone else day was less expensive than mine!!

No comments: