Voting

Saturday, June 7, 2008

The End of Another School Year

Another school year has come to an end. I might would say one of the most challenging years I have had. If every year was like this, I can see why the average number of years that a teacher teaches is only 7 years. (At least that is what have heard.) It so strange to enjoy a groups of kids so much, but also to feel like I have lived a year of such great frustrations. I end worried that I have not been the best teacher for some, know that I have been just what some kids needed, and kinda indifferent about others. I leave worried that middle school will eat these kids alive. Wondering if they will find someone who will care about there souls and spirits as much as I do. Concerned that they will just kinda be forgotten about. But also hopeful in the knowledge that I have prepared the as much as possible, believing that I have given them my best, and knowing that they are going to an awesome middle school. In case you do not know many of worries come from the fact that my class is an ESL class (English as a Second Language) so school is just kinda tough for them. They are not proficient in the English language, though their expectation is just the same as every other kid in the great state of Texas.

Though this year has been a challenge, I still love my job. I am blessed with this job when I am able to truly make a difference in this population of kids. Some of these guys have never been successful in school and success does come. It is different type of success for each kid.

I am truly excited about the summer and some time off, but I know that when August comes I will be ready to get back to work, with great expectations of another great year.

HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITE PICTURES FROM THE YEAR:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute kids! You love them and do the best you can with them and then let them go as they grow to the next grade. It is the best you can do.