Voting

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Kroger Trip

I did make it to Kroger on Saturday.  I got there about 9:00 in the morning.  It was not too crowded when I got there, but most of those who were there had coupon binders--(I just can not bring myself to carry a binder around with me, I have one at home to see an organize them, but I take a little accordion file that a got a yard sale for a quarter  to the actual store) There were even a couple of men there with wads of coupon who did not appear to be trailing a lady.  How did I do?  I know I did not do as well as some, but I am happy with it.  It's not how much you spend right?? It's how much you save! If you ever look at a receipt it gives you totals at the bottom that say manufacturers coupons--my equaled $29.15 and then bonus which is the the doubled which was $29.15, so the total in coupons that handed was $58.30.  Then it tells you Kroger plus saving--using the card-- which was 24.78.  The last thing is the total savings, coupons, doubling, using the card--for a total savings of $83.08.  My total out of pocket was $56.58 AND plus I am getting a ten dollar rebate for some things that I got for a total out of pocket of 46.58 or 68%.  I really get a kick out of seeing a total and watching it go down, down, down!!! Just because some of you asked, there it is!!!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Awesome laura!! That is amazing!!! Thanks for sharing :)

Jeanette said...

Good job, Laura! I'm glad you did well.

Nanette R. said...

Way to go! You coupon queens amaze me! I'm doing good if I remember to bring the few coupons I do have, much less go on the day when they'll take off even more! :-)