Voting

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I'll Be at Kroger Saturday!!

So I think few people know this, but I am a couponer. (LAME, but what can I say, I've gotten kinda addicted!!) I have been clipping them for while and have a couple of websites that I go to that help with matching them up with sales and getting the best deals and I even get some things for free. This idea had been in my head for a while because one of my coworkers would talk about couponing nonstop to a honestly obnoxious, almost annoying way daily!! I know she was trying to be helpful and inform, but I would think really is that all you have to talk about??? Then I started it around Thanksgiving after seeing a news story about how this lady had brought Thanksgiving meal for under $10. I started slowly by reading her website and then finding another website that I heard on Oprah. Then it just rolled. I love going to the grocery store and the cashier ringing everything up and then handing the cashier my card and watching the price go down and then the coupons and then I get to see it go down even more. Last week when I went to Kroger my savings at the bottom was 66%!!! There are lots of ladies around who are tons better than me, but I do what I can. That all said, I am going to be at Kroger this Saturday with every other couponer in the North Texas area---and those poor people who have no idea what is going in a line a mile long--- because Kroger is doubling coupons up to $1.00 that day only. They usually triple up to 39 and double only up to 50!!! Can't wait!!! Maybe one day I will show my binder, but then you would really think I'm nutso!!!!

4 comments:

Paula said...

You almost make me want to try this. But I am not convinced it would be as successful in Commerce where the shopping choices are so limited. So, I guess I will just support you addiction by saving the coupons we get for you. The checkers at Krogers will be moved to the top of the prayer list on Saturday as they prepare to deal with all of the couponers that will descend upon them.

Oh,yes! Thanksgiving is at your place this year. After all, you will have a new house by then and you can feed the all of us for less than $10!

Love,
Mom

Nesa said...

Thanks for the info. I'll be joining you!

Jeanette said...

Wish I could be there but I'll be preparing for my TX visitors:) Last night I went on a Kroger triple coupon shopping spree and watched the total go down,down,down as I smiled bigger and bigger!

Do you want me to save cat food coupons for you? Do you use any particular brand?

Carrie said...

Well,,,, I am waiting to hear about how much you saved today!!!!! I too am a coupon clipper :) But I just couldn't muster up the energy to hit Kroger today,, must be the lack of sleep I am getting right now. So,, tell us what you saved and make us jealous!!!!!