Voting

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Maribel's Kids

This is Katie--She totally captured my heart before I even realized who she was. She would just talk, talk, talk to me like I totally understood what she was saying. She hugged me from the start and would do this sweet little kiss on the cheek when we would depart company. She is a total angel. LOVE THIS GIRL!!!!!

















Then I learned who she was. She was the granddaughter of Chila. The lady that lived behind the mission house. My friend from years ago, Maribel had lived there. The last time I was there Maribel had gotten married and moved away. I went with someone else to see Chila who told me what had happened to Maribel before we arrived. Boy, was Chila sad when I went to see her. She immediately started to cry and tried to explain by demonstrating, what had happened to Maribel. The pain that was on her face and inside her was hard to witness. Apparently, Maribel's husband stabbed her fourteen times and then decapitated her. Sorry to be so blunt, but that is the reality. Her mother, her children, and those who love Maribel will not see her on this side of heaven and that breaks my heart that this person made that decision for all those people. It honestly makes me angry that he chose that for this children. Seriously, what kinda man is that? I will tell you that the as far as I know the police have not found him and he apparently has one of their other kids with him still. I do not even know the best way to pray for them. I know that the burden of caring for the young children have fallen on this sweet, but little old lady. I would also imagine a fear not knowing where this guy is and not know what has happened to the other little girl. The oldest boy, Juan, from what the area pastor's family told us, has been having a lot of behavior problems. (The pastor's family has been doing a great job of caring for and supporting this family and have kinda taken this oldest child during the day to help Chila.) When we left we asked how we could support and help her since we are so far away. She is worried about being able to cloth the kids. Her husband is unable to work because of a back injury. Imagine not being able to clothe your children. It is Biblical to care for the orphans and I want to take that seriously.















Carlos-Maribel's 2nd boy-11. The whole time I was there I thought there was just a sadness in his eyes (wonder why)


Manuel-Maribel's baby boy-2

Isn't this picture fun!! I just pointed

the camera at him, called his name,

pointed it and he looked up and screamed.

LOVE IT!!!

I was not able to get a picture with the older boy Juan-13.


2 comments:

Nesa said...

So cute Laura! I think you have found your new calling in life.

Anonymous said...

Such a sad sotry, Laura! I'll definitely be praying for the family, and maybe you and I should do a little clothes shopping for them soon. Cadence, Chad and I would be more than happy to get some clothes for them and send them with you! I'm glad you are caring for and loving this family.

C